During the Easter Rising of 1916, the GPO served as the headquarters of the uprising's leaders. The assault by the British forces extensively damaged the building and it was not repaired until the Irish Free State government took up the task some years later. Today, the original columns outside are still pocked with bullet marks. An original copy of the Proclamation of the Irish Republic is on permanent display in the GPO philatelic office. The building has remained a symbol of Irish Nationalism.
The roll of honour on the right hand side lists members who took part such as Padraig Pearse, Edward Daly and James Connolly.
Dimensions: 16” X 10” approx.